At Boulder Montessori School we believe that providing students with opportunities to connect with the natural world is critical to their development. As such, we strive to protect and preserve the environment. Following are our accomplishments:
- Buying Local: Whenever possible, we source local meats, produce, and eggs for our school lunch program.
- Buying in Bulk: We purchase food and supplies in bulk to minimize packaging.
- Shying away from paper/plastic products: We use cloth napkins and reusable plates/cups/utensils at lunch and have parents bring their own plates/cups/utensils to school events (rather than using paper products)
- Recycling: Anything that can be recycled is and we teach our students the importance of recycling.
- Composting: All food and paper towels are composted. We just love to hear the toddlers say, “That goes in compost.”
- Solar Energy: Through a grant from Namaste Solar, we had a 7.02 kW solar array installed in 2013. Thank you Namaste Solar!